Application Open for 2022 Cohort
Deadline: 15th March, 2022
About the Fellowship for Emerging Empathic Leaders Program
My Emotions Matter invites applications for FEEL, Fellowship for Emerging Empathic Leaders Program 2022. The Fellowship is developed to support and foster budding and aspirant leaders from different spheres of the country who are willing to undertake a curriculum and work on projects to ensure they emerge as Empathic Leaders empowered with the skills of EI. Fellows will learn about what it means to be an Empathic Leader and bring their learnings to practice in the form of an Action Project following their training. In addition to learning from Leaders, Leadership Trainers, the Fellows will be exposed to various frameworks and best practices in Emotional Intelligence, and offered an opportunity to become familiar with the work of My Emotions Matter and develop their Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Fellows will work on Individual Action Projects under supervision and develop a case study on Leadership in an area chosen by them. Upon completion of the Fellowship, Fellows are expected to use their holistic understanding and experience in the communities, organizations or sectors they return to.
Our objective is to build a cohort of emotionally intelligent and emotionally aware Leaders and Community Shapers in order to create effective leaderships in communities, institutions and organizations. The fellowship wants to expand on and establish Emotional Intelligence as an integral part of Leadership conversations in any sector. This will be done by providing the fellows with extensive training, mentorship, networking and courses to enrich their understanding of leadership, more specifically, empathic leadership.
Learn from Leaders and their experiences on what it means to be Empathic Leaders.
Exchanges with other fellows of the cohort to share knowledge and support each other.
In-depth sessions on relevant topics with high-class experts.
Exercise the lessons learnt from the sessions to work on an area of your interest.
One-to-one support and guidance for your learnings and successfully completing your projects.
Become a part of reflective workshops where you reflect and learn about what it means to be Emotionally Intelligent.
Who is the Fellowship for?
Find yourself ticking the checkmarks below? Apply!!
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 26
- Availability part-time (4-8 hours per week)
- Commitment to participating in all dimensions of the program (online learning platform, 1-on-1 coaching calls, group learning calls, etc.)
- Willingness to commit 4 months to the fellowship program
- Is valued as a positive contributor to current institution, organization and the community, and has strong leadership potential
- Is committed to learning and developing leadership skills through the lens of Emotional Intelligence.
- Is experienced with collaboration technologies (webinars, document sharing).
- Seeks and values a collaborative approach when working with others.
- Demonstrated leadership in College/University, Community or in Professional field
- Experience in teamwork
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The applicant should have knowledge of both English and Nepali languages in relation to the work.
- In addition, a commitment to complete all the modules in the predefined timeline.
- Cognizant to Zoom etiquette (camera, audio, chat- settings)
- Application Deadline: 15th March, 2022
- Fellowship Duration: 4 Months
- Fellowship Timeline: March - July
- Fellowship Modality: Online (via Zoom) + Onsite (on few occasions)
Cost and Expenses
- The Fellowship for Emerging Empathic Leaders is offered free of charge to make the program accessible to all candidates.
- My Emotions Matter, the organizer, will also cover the costs of program tools, e-modules, speakers and additional program expenses during the fellowship period.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are few questions we get often, answered and shared!
How do I apply for the fellowship?
When will I be notified about the results of my application?
How is my application reviewed?
Will the fellows get paid?
What is included in the fellowship?
What can we expect in the Action Project?
What are the requirements of a fellow, beyond the project?
What is the time commitment in the program?
Do I have to take time off from school/work in order to apply?
Am I required to turn my camera on during the virtual sessions?
What do fellows require during the program?
How many fellows will be selected for a cohort?
How will this fellowship impact long-term career prospects?
How is the Fellowship different from Emotional Literacy Campaign?